SC

SC

søndag 7. juli 2013

Two years of blogging, some fabrics and more yarn.

Yesterday I had a kind of anniversary, 2 years of blogging. I posted my first blog on the 6th of July 2011. I have made many blog friends and I like blogging.
These last days have been filled with driving between my two houses, 1500 km to be exact, so I have not done much quilting.
But I have visited two quilt shops, Quiltegaarden in Trondheim, one of my favorite shops and one in Namdalen. I have also passed a couple of town without stopping in quilt shops.


Not easy to see, but this is some of the yarn I bought at Quiltegaarden.


Here is the fabrics too, I had planned not to buy any fabrics until I am going to Birmingham in August, but I really needed some blue for the Chilly Penguins Bag, the challenge for July in the SAL.


Here is a closer look at the Rowan yarn from Quiltegården.


If you look carefully you can see the stitchery for the Penguin Bag.


I have started knitting a jacket with the blue yarn, the brighter blue to the right is the start of a dish cloth.
And these three items; the stitchery and the two started knittings is all I have done so far in the Tour de Fibre on Facebook.

Sorry that the photos turned out so dark. 
Today has been a rather dark day with heavy winds.
Yesterday when I crossed one of the last bridges to get here the wind was blowing 19 m / s.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Gratulerer med to år som blogger! Jeg liker også å blogge om denne flotte hobbyen, og føler nesten jeg kjenner mange av bloggvennene :) Så herlig garn og stoff du har kjøpt på tur mellom husene dine :) god sommer!

    SvarSlett
  2. happy blog birthday........I have enjoyed following your blog over the time.......looking forward to the next 2 years.....

    SvarSlett
  3. Happy blogging anniversary! Lovely yarns, I have bought the Mandarin cotton for dishcloths too! - Just a few weeks after summer solstice, the days are getting visibly shorter, but let's not think about it. There are still so many lovely summer days ahead.

    SvarSlett
  4. Congratulations on your 2nd blogging anniversary. Looking forward to reading more blog posts in future. The blue wool is lovely. It will make a pretty jacket.

    SvarSlett
  5. Dishcloth knitting can be almost addictive! The blue colour suits Chilly Penguin so well. Cute little bag.

    SvarSlett