SC

SC

søndag 26. mai 2013

A new basket, lots of yarn, some finishes, a week in Venezia and a weekend in Lofoten.

Sometimes things just come all at a time.
Here is my SAL (Stitch Along) for May, I did not think I would make it but I did.


Here is my bag, it is white and will probably get dirty very quickly. Perhaps I should just put it on the wall the sooner, the better.


One of my favorite Italian dishes: Spaghetti Vongole.


A lot to do and see in Venice, glass art at Murano.


More outside glass art.


The floors outside St. Marcus Catheral.


I could walk for hours just watching the floors.


Photography was not allowed inside the chatedral. I think I was the only one who did not take pictures.
These were taken in the hallway.


I have bought a lot of yarn lately, there was a sale in an online shop here in Norway.
Today this basket almost fell in my head and I just had to buy it, it is huge about half a meter tall but on the picture it looks small. 
The blue yarn is from Italy.


You can walk and take boats for hours in Venice.
These two pictures are from Burano, famous for lace and colourful houses.


There was a lady sitting in a shop showing us how she made these items in lace.


Outside the St Marcus Cathedral you can see this lovely sculpture in porfyr The Tetrarcs probably figuring Diokletian, Maximianus, Galerius and Constantinus .


And finally a picture of my husband in the late afternoon on our National Day the 17th of May.

5 kommentarer:

  1. I love your bag for Chooky's stitch along--nice job!!
    and the pictures of your travels are so delightful--thanks.
    I need to get busy--have not done any of my monthly commitments for May--Ouch!!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    SvarSlett
  2. Jag tycker att Du sytt en enastående fin väska. Det var så snyggt med det blommiga fodertyget till den ljusa vackra utsidan.

    Dollandesign

    SvarSlett
  3. Super flott veske, Annik! Det ser ut som du hadde et interessant besøk I Venedig, vakre gulv og glass. Kjekk mann med norsk flagg :-)

    SvarSlett
  4. Lovely bag. I know what you mean about white- I think I am fated to eat bolognaise when I wear that colour. :-) Venetian glass is wonderful! I like playing with leaded glass. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful place. In the UK there used to be Honiton lace in Devon and Nottingham lace. It is rare these days. I know I wouldn't have the patience.

    I hope you had a good National Day.

    SvarSlett
  5. Dette innlegget hadde jeg ikke fått med meg, ser jeg.. La merke til vesken din, den var kjempefin. Og så ser jeg at du har vært i vakre Venezia.. En utrolig sjarmerende by. Litt vel mange mennesker om sommeren når alle sammen må gå i de smale gatene, eller kanskje jeg skal kalle det fortau - men så nydelig. Lofoten har jeg ikke vært i, men vi har den på listen over ønskede reisemål, så jeg håper ikke det blir så lenge til.

    SvarSlett